[Zope] Packing Zope Database

Brian Sullivan briansullivan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:15:53 EST 2005

I have a Zope instance -2.7.1 running on Win2000.

A Plone instance on it has reached a fairly large size and but is no
longer needed. I would like to archive the Plone site, delete it, pack
the data base and continue. I currently do not have enough hard disk
space to pack the ZODB (as room for the back up and current is
required).

How much space do I need on the hard disk housing the instance after I
delete the Plone instance? Will I be able to pack the data base after
deleting the large Plone site ?(assuming the new size is less than the
space available naturally).

I think I will and all will go well but I thought I would check to see
if my thinking is correct. Thoughts?