[Zope] setting up apache redirects

Jerry Westrick jerry at westrick.com
Tue Mar 8 07:19:39 EST 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 13:41, Zope User wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have set up 2 instances of websites on 2 different ports on one
> single server. Anyone familiar with setting up apache redirects for
> the second instance which is not on port 8080?
>
> I'm new to zope and will really appreciate any help in this matter.
>
> I have successfully created 2 instances. I am also able to log in to
> it using ZMI.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> rt

Here are my notes on how to setup Apache2 Redirects for a single
zope instance, on SuSE...  Adapt as needed...

Apache Configuration for Zope
=======================
You need to make the following changes to Apache2 so that you can access zope
through it:

Enable Proxy
---------------
Yast2->Network Services->HTTP Server->Advanced->Server Modules:
Enable  proxy  and  proxy_http , by selecting them and then pressing the
toggle status  button.

Add ZopeProxy definitions
------------------------------
Create the ZopeProxy File As root create
directory /etc/apache2/httpd.conf.local then create a file
called: /etc/apache2/httpd.conf.local/ZopeProxy.conf with the following
contents:
#
# General Zope Proxies for widgets and stuff
#
ProxyPass /misc_ http://localhost:8080/misc_
ProxyPass /p_ http://localhost:8080/p_

#
# The Zope Root directory
#
ProxyPass /Zope http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPassReverse /Zope http://localhost:8080/

#
# Definitions for the Examples Applications without the /Zope prefix
#
ProxyPass /Examples http://localhost:8080/Examples
ProxyPassReverse /Examples http://localhost:8080/Examples

Include the ZopeProxy.conf file in the apache configuration
 Yast2->System->Editor for /etc/sysconfig files:
APACHE_CONF_INCLUDE_FILES /etc/apache2/httpd.conf.local/ZopeProxy.conf

YMMV
Jerry