[Zope] Re: Installing Products with Errors in Zope 2.7.4

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 10:22:51 EST 2005

> I'm currently testing out Zope 2.7.4, and Zope's behaviour when installing new
> products seems to have changed from 2.6.4 (my previous version).
> Whenever I install
> a product with errors Zope crashes (ie. zoperun throws an exception, shows a
> traceback and stops, zopectl tries to restart Zope every few seconds).
> Zope 2.6.4
> would start as usual, and show an error message in the Products screen.
>
> Is this the normal behaviour in 2.7.4? If so, why?
I think it is done like that in order to avoid having references to
broken products. However, if I'm not wrong, it has to be with the
"debug-mode" directive of the zope.conf file, which is "on" by default.
If you read about this option you will find:

"Errors in product initialization will cause startup to fail
  (instead of writing error messages to the event log file)."

So you may turn it off if you want that behaviour back.

Regards,
Josef