[Zope] Is Zope copiable without installation ?

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Mar 8 11:30:48 EST 2005

If you're already creating an installer, you might want to take a look
at http://cvs.zope.org/Packages/WinBuilders/ which is a set of scripts
and an Innosetup .iss file that's used to package Zope on Windows.  See
<http://cvs.zope.org/Packages/WinBuilders/README.txt?rev=1.7&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup> to get an idea of how it's used.  You should be able to extend it to do what you need to do.

As far as copying in place, that will likely work, but you may need to
manually change some of the paths that are in various files in the Zope
program directory and you might need to add some registry keys too.  See
the WinBuilders product to get an idea of what needs to get done in that
respect.

- C