[Zope] dtml-tree: wrong branchesexpanded/collapsed

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Mar 9 13:13:14 EST 2005

Ulla Theiss wrote at 2005-3-8 22:06 +0100:
>I've tested the whole day along the ids and the behaviour is still the same.
>They are different. <dtml-var id> proofs.
>In the html-sourcecode I've seen 2 things:
>1st:  The Name of the Anchor is the same for each branch
>2nd: The Href for all branches of one layer is exactly the same, but
>different from the other layers.

Maybe, you should switch from "dtml-tree" to a ZPT based
solution?

I often read recommendations for the "ZopeTree" product.
I use the facilities provides by "ZTUtils" (and you can
find an example use in the PageTemplates examples).

But, when you want to stick with the complex "dtml-tree".

     Looking at the code in "TreeDisplay.TreeTag.Tree.__init__",
     I see that the default for id determination
     is the method "tpId".

     Apparently, "tpId" (or whatever you use as "id" attribute
     for "dtml-tree") return the same value for all siblings.

--
Dieter