[Zope] Re: POSKeyError on the Python Recompile URL

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:19:38 EST 2005

[Allen Schmidt]
> Duh. Sorry. Basic rules of problem reporting:
> RH7.2
> Zope 2.7.2
> ZEO
> Squid in front

Thanks -- that's helpful.

>> ~  What version of Zope?  You may need to run 'fstest.py' and / or
>> ~  'fsrefs.py' on your Data.fs, and see if they complain.

> I am assuming these are just reading tools and non-destructive? Can they be
> run against a running zeo/zope?

Short course:   yes; yes; if you must but it's not recommended (won't
hurt but you may get spurious error messages then).  Medium course
here:

    http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FileStorageBackup

You should read that.   POSKeyError "shouldn't happen", so there's no
guarantee it will be easy to fix.  Unfortunately, in Zope 2.7.2 there
were cooperating bugs (in ZODB and Zope) that could create POSKeyError
situations through no fault of yours; those were repaired in Zope
2.7.3 / ZODB 3.2.4.

>> ~  You need to include the whole traceback to enable us to help you.

> No traceback that I can see. Just lines that show up in the eventlog.

Your original message didn't contain anything from any log, or
copy'n'paste from any browser window, that said "POSKeyError".  I
don't think it's possible to get a POSKeyError without the message
also including vital information like the object id of the missing
object -- but we didn't see the message you saw, so can't tell.