[Zope] Re: CMF -1-5-0

David Hassalevris bluepaul at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 11 14:11:21 EST 2005

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> David Hassalevris wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I downloaded cmf-1-5.0.zip and installed it into Zope 2.75b1
>> Zope_Instance/Products directory.  Afer rebooting I was surprised to
>> see it wasn't listed as a Product so I look in Products\CMF-1.50 and
>> there is no __init__.py.
>>

> Hi David,
> it is not obvious for windows users not knowing unix commands.
>
> INSTALL.txt says:
> > Link (or copy/move) the CMF packages into
> > $INSTANCE_HOME/Products (or into $SOFTWARE_HOME/lib/python/Products).
> > Since linking doesn't apply on Windows, you will need
> > to cut or copy the files from the place where you unpacked
> > them to the 'Products' directory of your Zope.
>
> You are supposed to copy the moduls contained in the CMF-1-5.0 folder
> into the Zope_Instance/Products directory.
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,
Thanks for the response.  I wasn't very clear:  I did install CMF-1-5.0
in the Zope_Instance/Products directory.  I've installed lots of
products!  Its just that CMF-1-5.0 has no __init__.py in its base
directory - and therefore its not being picked up by Zope as a Product.

*still confused*
.
FWIW I also unzipped other CMF "tars"  and they too did not have this.
Thanks,
David