[Zope] SMP and Zope.

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Mar 11 15:27:16 EST 2005

You don't HAVE to, but the optimal configuration is to have one interpreter
per CPU, yes.

So if you start an instance, you should bind it to a specific CPU.

It'll work fine even if you don't do it, but performance won't be optimal.

I've moved away from multi-cpu machine for my Zope because of this, makes
things much easier.

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org] On Behalf Of
Fernando Lujan
Sent: March 11, 2005 3:21 PM
To: zope at zope.org
Subject: [Zope] SMP and Zope.

Folks,

A guy told me that to use FULL SMP with Zope, I must make a Zope instance
for each processor. Is this information correct?

I already install ZEO on this machine, but to instance multiple Zope I need
to change the ports do 8081, 8082 and so on... I didn't fully trust this guy
opnion, anyway I want to confirm it.

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Lujan
Zope maillist  -  Zope at zope.org