[Zope] Its nope with zope , parameter prob remains

Cliff Ford Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk
Fri Mar 11 17:21:38 EST 2005

I suggest a different approach to this problem. Instead of priming the
option lists in a page template try the following:

1. put only <option value="selectdistrict" selected> in the select lists.

2. put the data in Javascript arrays:

districts = new Array("district1", "district2")
districts["district1"].users=new Array("UserName1", "Username2"),
districts["district2"].users=new Array("UserName3", "Username4")

3. Use onLoad to prime the districts options (use a function to add
options in districts array) and onClick to change the Username options.

Some people might suggest that sending a list of usernames is a bad
idea. Leaving that bit out would save you a lot of work and avoid the
accessibility issue with onClick.

Cliff

P.S. I sent this earlier today to the original sender and forgot to cc
to zope. The original bounced with this message:
TO:<buddha_2001 at rediffmail.com>:
     host mail2.rediffmail.com [203.199.83.4]: 553 sorry, your envelope
sender is in my badmailfrom list (#5.7.1)

Wonder what I have done to get into a badmailfrom list!