[Zope] Installing Photo and Photo Folder 1.2.4 Under Plone 2.0.4 on Mac OS 10.3.8

Tom Harris tomdeallycat at mac.com
Sat Mar 12 20:40:22 EST 2005

Hi Everyone,

I'm running a Plone 2.0.4 site under Mac OS 10.3.8 and am having
trouble getting it to notice when I drop the Photo and Photo Folder
1.2.4 product folder into the Products folder of the site in question
(of course I restart the server every time).

I don't know my way around the ZMI terribly well but
looking at Plone's product install area it doesn't show up (I didn't
expect it to since it's not written specifically for Plone, but the
Plone easy install is great) but neither can I find it in the Products
listing under the control panel in the ZMI. It doesn't even show up as
broken in there. Am I missing an install step? I'm pretty sure I
followed the install instructions, which actually only said to drop it
in the Products directory (I do modify ownership and permissions after
putting it there). Of course I am restarting Plone/Zope each time.

Another note, I do have the CMSPhoto and CMSPhotoFolder products
installed and working so I wonder if there is a conflict. I did remove
them once for purposes of testing this, but I'm not sure I removed
EVERYTHING they might have done to the site.

This product actually does a lot of what I was wanting to do with
photos on my site so I'd really love to get it working. The next
question will be how to convert all my photos and preserve the
metadata which reflects a huge amount of work!

Thanks much,
Tom Harris