[Zope] receive a message whenever there is an update in a plone site through a pop-up/mail

Karthikeyan palani karthikeyan.palani at tech.tcgivega.com
Mon Mar 14 08:49:36 EST 2005

Hi,
     I am developing a content management system based on plone.I have a
requirement which is,
    " whenever an update occurs in the plone site ,a message  containing
the place of update should be sent  to all the  members of the site."
     I have got two ideas,i don't know whether it works
     1>to query the Data.fs and retrieve data( i.e the object which has
been updated) from it  and send it to all the members.
     2>go to ZMI and in the portal_skins/plone_form_scripts/  go to
content_status_modify(handles the workflow transitions of objects)
 and  include a code over here such that the objects which have been
updated should be found and a message should be sent to all the members.

 Now,my question is whether if any of the above can be done(i.e is it
possible to query Data.fs while the site is up)  or is there any other
solution for my requirement?If anyone knows an answer to this please  give
me an idea on how to do this and if possible send me a code example.

Thanks and Regards,
   Karthikeyan.P L.