[Zope] Database not in sync for days ?

Renfer Serge (EDU) serge.renfer at edu.ge.ch
Mon Mar 14 10:56:34 EST 2005

Hello again,

I have some more info about my Data.fs not in sync for days.

The person responsible for the Solaris server told me that he couldn't find
more recent Data.fs from  his incremental backup than the one from the 3rd
of march (it should be daily backuped), it is as if the system (zope) hadn't
touch the Data.fs file ???

Since this weekend crash, I restarted zope this morning, the instance was
running for 7 hours and the Data.fs had not changed its size, whereas the
Data.fs.tmp had grown to 147Mb (many persons importing backup, I guess)
=> I went to the "Control_Panel/Database/temporary/manage_main" it was
mentionned to be  0.0K !
=> I went to the "Control_Panel/Database/main/manage_main" it took a long
time and the size of my 2.7Gb (this morning) had grown upto 3.0Gb

=> I went back to a term and found out that the Data.fs.tmp had shrunk to 0
byte and Data.fs had effectively grown over 3Gb.

Does zope keep a buffer in Data.fs.tmp ?

And could it be that one has to open  (manually) the
"Control_Panel/Database/main/manage_main" to flush this tmp buffer to the
Data.fs ?

Is the "Control_Panel/Database/temporary/manage_main" the one in relation
with the Data.fs.tmp ?

Thank you in advance!

    serge