[Zope] zClasses & MailHost Privileges

Gre7g Luterman gre7g at kyoht.com
Tue Mar 15 01:45:15 EST 2005

I've created a product with zClasses that includes a script.  The
script must create a file in the current directory and then send a
notification e-mail.  (I put the MailHost instance in the product
also.)  I set the manager proxy on the script so that it would have
sufficient access when run anonymously, but it didn't seem to work.

The weird thing is that the script has enough rights to create the
file -- so the proxy thing is obviously happening -- but it can't
send the e-mail.  Instead I get an unauthorized error: You are not
allowed to access 'send' in this context.

My guess is that the fact that this script is running within a zClass
product is somehow restricting some, but not all, of the rights.
That doesn't shock me, but the vital question is "How the heck do I
make sure that my product has enough rights to send e-mail?"

I tried to install that VerboseSecurity package, but I guess I didn't
do it correctly because the error messages and log messages have no
changed.  They give me no new information about the problem.

Can anyone out there please give me a quick step-by-step of what I
have to change so that my product will have the right to send e-mail?

Thanks in advance,

Gre7g