[Zope] building a Javascript array with TAL in ZPT

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 04:53:08 EST 2005

Etienne Desgagné wrote:
> var theArray = new Array(
> tal:condition="not:repeat/array_elt/end" tal:omit-tag="">, </span>
>
> but this is not working. (the ZSQL method contain the two columns of value)

For better or for worse, ZPT's won't process anything inside a script tag.

I'd generate it using a python script:

js_template = '''
//whatever js you want ot be staticly generated
%s
'''

array = ','.join(container.reqZSQL3())

return js_template % array

...and then use them in your zpt as follows:
<script tal:content="here/my_js_generator"/>

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk