[Zope] Hardware Platforms

Jay Zeemer jzeemer at edcor.com
Wed Mar 16 08:33:42 EST 2005

Greetings All,
Currently we have been testing Zope 2.7.4 on Solaris 9.  We plan to link
Zope to an MS SQL 2000 database as part of an existing process.  The issues
we have been having is that we can not seem to get the system to handle more
then 50 concurrent connections.  We have established this is more a problem
with the database connector then a problem with Zope.  I was wondering if
anyone out there was using Solaris and MS SQL, and if so what drivers are
you using??

I would also appreciate any other OS/database recommendations for anyone who
is running a high traffic website/database backend.  We need a system that
at a minimum can handle 100 concurrent connections, and it doesnt seem like
Zope on Solaris is the answer to this.  We have tried to compile some db
connector for access to MySQL and the Solaris server has not been very
helpful.

Thank you for any all recommendations!

Jay