[Zope] slow python scripts

Tim Morgan tmorgan at fcsok.org
Wed Mar 16 10:16:35 EST 2005

Our agency just switched from Plone 1 with Zope 2.6.1 to Plone 2.0.5 and
whatever Zope comes bundled with their installer (2.7 I guess). An
application that ran pretty well on the old Zope now runs dog slow on
the new one. I narrowed it down to Python scripts that are being called
repeatedly in a loop. The activity of the scripts isn't very slow, but
just to make sure, I moved all the code out and had them simply return a
string. Still, each call to the Python script is considerably slower
than it was with the old Zope.

>From my reading, there are some new security checks being done with each
call to the script. Is this correct? In any case, I need some options
for how I can speed this up. Is there some less-secure Python script
product I can install for just this purpose?

Thanks for your help.

~~~
Tim Morgan, I.T. Spec. * Family & Children's Services * (918) 560-1131 *
tmorgan at fcsok.org <mailto:tmorgan at fcsok.org>

To view Family & Children's Services Employment Opportunities, visit our website at http://www.fcsok.org/who_we_are/employment.asp.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email, including any attachments, is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby informed that any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by reply email and delete all forms of the original message from your system.  Thank you.

This e-mail and all other electronic (including voice) communications from the sender's agency are for informational purposes only.  No such communication is intended by the sender to constitute either an electronic record or an electronic signature, or to constitute any agreement by the sender to conduct a transaction by electronic means.  Any such intention or agreement is hereby expressly disclaimed unless otherwise specifically indicated.  To learn more about our agency, please visit our website at http://www.fcsok.org.