[Zope] Unbuffered Python Scripts

Gre7g Luterman gre7g at kyoht.com
Thu Mar 17 13:17:51 EST 2005

Also, another direction you might consider is to generate the file as
sort of a "batch process", just like PayPal has switched to.

When you download a CSV of your financial history, PayPal generates
the file in the background with a low priority and then sends you an
e-mail when the file is ready to be downloaded.

Not only will this will keep the user's browser from timing out, it
lets you reduce server load if the computationally expensive request
comes in at a peak time. You can just defer the request until the
cycles are available.

Gre7g