[Zope] fsdump.py output

Sean Hastings whysean at softhome.net
Sun Mar 20 13:10:57 EST 2005

I am running fsdump.py to see what is in my Data.fs file, because it seems
to be growing a lot faster than it used to.

The beginning of the file is a large number of object listings as expected.
However, about half way through I start to see a lot of transaction
information. These transactions are still in the file even though I have
consistently packed the ZODB once a day. The dates on these transactions
start a few moths ago, and relate to various functions in a product I have
been working on.

Is there something that I could have added to the code at that time (perhaps
committing parts of transactions to avoid conflicts) that could be causing
this transaction information to be left in the Data.fs file even after
packing it?