[Zope] Re: [Pycon2005-attendees] Charger for Nokia mobile phone, anyone?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 10:11:08 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:34:44 -0500, Thomas Bennett
<bennetttm at appstate.edu> wrote:
> Not all Nokia chargers are 3.7V.  Mine is 5.7V and 800ma.

Really?

> I'm no
> electrical engineer but I have always been warned to make sure the
> miliamps is correct or problems may result.  My Nokia is a model 6200
> though not the 3200, but anyone is welcome to use the charger at his or
> her own risk.

There are basically three types of Nokia chargers (for any type of
modern phone), the ACP-7, ACP-8 and ACP-12. I was under the impression
that the only difference is in how many mA they can provide, and that
the ACP-7, which is the weakest, can't charge power hungry phones
while you talk.

In any case, the standard charger for a 6200 should be a ACP-12, and
that one should compatible with any Nokia phone made this century. :)
Check your manuals.There are compatibility charts available on-line
to, to make 100% sure when you have arrived at PyCon.

Have fun!