[Zope] Data.fs.lock => shouldn't be there?

Serge Renfer serge.renfer at edu.ge.ch
Tue Mar 22 09:11:54 EST 2005

Hello all,

Me again! Always with Zope 2.7.4 on Solaris 9.

I've detected that I had a lock on the Data.fs  (more than 2Gb) file
(Data.fs.lock) for several days (Data.fs hadn't changed its
modification date for days) and the Data.fs.tmp was growing over 11Mb!

I removed the lock (rm Data.fs.lock), but it didn't change anything to
this situation.

After an export of all the sensible data, I did a restart! It wouldn't
restart!

I moved the Data.fs.index out the "var", and restarted => it did
restart, but all the changes from the moment Data.fs had been locked
had gone (probably what was in the Data.fs.tmp => since it got back to
0k)

It takes a little longer to reboot (since it has to remake its index),
but the problem is here again: there is again a Data.fs.lock file in
the "var" directory !

=> I can assume that it has to be there during reboot while it's making
its index, but then it should desapear, shouldn't it?

Or is it a lock from zope itself and it is always there?

1) At some time, my zope instance get blocked outside the Data.fs !
2) It seems that the index does not keep up, as it generates errors
while restarting !

Is there a link between these two situations?

I cannot figure what could lock out zope from the Data.fs ?

Is this Data.fs too big (not far from 3 Gb => in fact it was more than
3Gb but I packed it before restarting it => it didn't affect the size
of the Data.fs.tmp though, that remained over 11Mb) ?

Thank you for your reading of my problems!

	serge