[Zope] Re: shared/virtual hosting recommendations

George Donnelly list at zettai.net
Tue Mar 22 11:23:39 EST 2005

Chris Withers <chris <at> simplistix.co.uk> writes:

> They decided to dump TinyTablePlus from their product roster because
> it's "too old". It actually hasn't been updated in years because it's
> rock solid and hasn't needed even the tiniest of updates.

clarification: we simply do not offer it with 2 of our most basic plans, where
we must limit the installed products in order to maintain stability and prevent
future problems for our most inexperienced clients. we stopped offering it more
than one year ago and make that fact clear on our website.

> This was pointed out to them by several people

actually, only you and the client who originally asked about it.

> but they chose to dig
> their heels in and be totally inflexible, forcing at least one of their
> customers to seek hosting elsewhere.

actually the client whose banner you took up on this issue came back yesterday
and signed up for the plan i wanted to recommended for him in the first place.
problem solved.

And this is the only client who has ever mentioned concern over the lack of
availabily of TTP in the two most basic shared zope plans.