[Zope] Zope page templates and access controls

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 04:49:25 EST 2005

Matthew X. Economou wrote:
> I did (finally) figure out that Plone workflow trumps Zope access
> control entries, so I am implementing a modified workflow (with
> additional states that re-implement the "visible" and "published" states
> with ACEs that require authenticated access).

Well, technically, the CMF workflow tool, which Plone relies upon,
managea the role to permission mappings for content objects. They al use
the same security infrastructure under the hood.

> Further reading seems to
> indicate that I can call DTML or Python methods from a page template, so
> I will report back with the results of my research in a few days.

Don't touch DTML, you'reusing ZPT instead ;-)

Yes, you can call python scripts from page templates...

> I plan writing up the whole process as a mini-howto.  Perhaps it could
> be included as a tutorial in a future release of Zope or Plone.

I think someone(s) already done it in the form of the Zope Book ;-)
(see the one on plope.com...)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk