[Zope] Data Insert Problems

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 09:08:18 EST 2005

Hi Jay,

Jay Zeemer wrote:

> Our primary requirements for useing XUF is to allow external
> authentication of users from a database??  Is there a better solution then
> this??

If users from a relational database is all you want, then use
SimpleUserFolder and follow the included docs ;-)
(I have a newer unreleased version if you run into any problems, but you
shouldn't)

> Also, the app we would like to use Zope for is a very write itensive
> application,

Yes, but writing to what?
What RDB are you using?

> the problems we are seeing with Zope currently are that the
> Data.fs is growing at a pretty decent size because the form appears to be
> writting to the Data.fs first

What evidence do you have to support this hypothesis?

> being stored.  Our estimates have us causing the Data.fs to grow by more
> then 2 gigs per day.

How often are you packing? Are you running ZEO?

> Is there any possible way to increase the load that
> Zope's Data.fs can handle, currently we are seeing about a 40% drop at 20
> concurrent users, over a few hours.

40% of what? relative to what?

> Do you know of any way to ramp up the
> number of connections that Data.fs can handle??

Why do you think you need to? ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk