[Zope] Re: shared/virtual hosting recommendations

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Wed Mar 23 09:31:39 EST 2005

Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> on 3/23/05 wrote:

>Hi George,
>
>George Donnelly wrote:
>>>They decided to dump TinyTablePlus from their product roster because
>>>it's "too old". It actually hasn't been updated in years because it's
>>>rock solid and hasn't needed even the tiniest of updates.
>>
>> clarification: we simply do not offer it with 2 of our most basic
>plans, where
>> we must limit the installed products in order to maintain stability
>and prevent
>> future problems for our most inexperienced clients.
>
>And this just baffles me. You're penalising a product for being "too
>stable", how bizare is that?! TinyTablePlus has done it's job just fine
>for many a zope version without needing any changes. That's the only
>reason why it looks so old. It's still maintained in that I would fix
it
>  if there were actually any problems...
>
>The fact that in the face of contrary evidence you stick with an
>incorrect decision makes me a little nervous ;-)
>
>> actually the client whose banner you took up on this issue came back
>yesterday
>> and signed up for the plan i wanted to recommended for him in the
>first place.
>> problem solved.
>
>Indeed, but it's the way the whole issue was handled that makes me
>nervous...

we have done nothing wrong and handled this issue professionally. if you
want to create public FUD about us, then at least find a good reason for
it. o/o
<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Complete Zope Hosting ~ Dedicated Servers ~ Plone Hosting Solutions
Y/AIM: zettainet ~ Jabber: info at zettai.net ~ Sales: (866) 408-5395