[Zope] Data Insert Problems

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 03:01:16 EST 2005

Hi Jay,

Jay Zeemer wrote:
> We are currently writing to a MS SQL database.  The form we are using
> contains 5 fields, and each insert causes the Data.fs to grow by approx 27K,
> the final form will be 10 times this size.  If we grep the Data.fs for data
> we inserted we can find lines in the file containing this information.  Do
> you believe this could be a problem with the database driver we are
> currently using??

That depends, what database driver are you using? You SHOULD be using
mxODBC from eGenix...

> We are seeing approximately 60% of the data we inserted on the front-end
> make it to the SQL database.

What happens to the other 40% from a user experience point of view?

> errors we are logging at 20 concurrent users.  We need the system to support
> at a minimum 34 concurrent users on this form, more would be better.

The problem is that you're writing data to the ZODB when you shouldn't
be, I'd put money on these problems disappearign when you stop getting
data writen to the ZODB...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk