[Zope] Re: Sending mail with attachments via Python

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Tue May 3 17:52:20 EDT 2005

Kirk Strauser wrote:

> Please don't misunderstand me.  I'm not complaining, and if that's what I've
> got to do then so be it.  I'm just a little surprised - that's all.

Sending emails correctly is a very tricky, and the RFC 822 standard is a
beast.

You cannot really blame either Python, nor dtml or Zope for that.

Python has a very nice email module, but even that can be difficult to
use. Especially when using attachments and non-ascii encodings.

Dtmls mail handling is limited to a specific set of problems. If you
want to go outside those, you need to roll your own.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science