[Zope] Password Protection

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri May 6 08:30:32 EDT 2005

On May 6, 2005, at 2:23 , Phil Beardmore wrote:

> Hi Guys, still cant get it to work.  Is it okay to have multiple
> ACL_users folders?  Basdically I want to grant access to Folder A
> to all users in one tree of our LDAP server, then grant access to
> Folder B to all users in another Tree.  I can get the folder to be
> password protected, so they need to login to access the pages, but
> it always seems to use the acl_users folder at the root of the site.

It is perfectly OK to have several user folders. The "closest one"
looking towards the root of the ZODB will be used when accessing a
resource, and if it cannot resolve the credentials the next one up is
consulted, until you reach the root user folder.

The fact that authentications falls through to the root user folder
makes me thing the LDAPUserFolder instance is misconfigured.

jens