[Zope] Debugging product init with zopectl?

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sat May 7 12:08:15 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 12:48, J Cameron Cooper wrote:
> I agree, it would be nice to have zLOG work on startup, but I don't know
> how easy/possible that is.

FWIW, the reason zLOG doesn't start writing to the log at an earlier
time is that it waits until the process can switch effective users.  If
it didn't and Zope started by root (or another user that isn't the
desired effective user), some log files might be written as root, and
would become unwritable at a second startup (this used to be a FAQ
before Zope 2.7 prevented it from happening).  Probably some work can be
done here to be smarter in cases where this doesn't matter.

- C