[Zope] URL rewriting (VHM and browser Id manager)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu May 12 14:56:39 EDT 2005

Victor Kolisinski wrote at 2005-5-12 07:13 -0700:
>My zope application needs support for sessions without
>cookies,
>so url rewriting based on Browser Id manager is used.
>However when Virtual Host Monster is included in
>environment browser manager doesn't rewrite URL.

That's surprising.

Maybe a conflict for the "__before_publishing_traverse__" hook
used by both features (such that VHM discards the information
previously set by the BIM).

In principle, the "BeforeTraverse" dispatcher (code
in "ZPublisher.BeforeTraverse") has a
"priority" feature to control such conflicts.
But, probably it is not used.

--
Dieter