[Zope] Re: Bad Hostname with Zope 2.8.X on Windows

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Fri May 13 06:28:29 EDT 2005

Hi Simon!

Simon ALEXANDRE wrote:
> The problem is quite simple: when I start the zope server the hostname
> is ‘Localhost’ then it’s impossible to connect the server remotely (i.e.
> by specifying the IP address of the server)
>
> I know that in version 2.7 this problem doesn’t appear. When I launch
> zope 2.7 the hostname is ‘MyMachineName’
>
> How to fix that? Which file should I update?

This is a known issue, see: http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1507

As a workaround, change your etc/zope.conf:

In front of the port number add '0.0.0.0:' to the address of each server
section, e.g. the default http-server section should look like this:

<http-server>
   # valid keys are "address" and "force-connection-close"
   address 0.0.0.0:8080
   # force-connection-close on
</http-server>

HTH,