[Zope] dollars-and-cents display fails

Greg Fischer retheoff at gmail.com
Sat May 14 02:42:06 EDT 2005

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/numeric-type-overview.html
That's it right there!  Before 5.0.3, they were unpacked, meaning
saved like a char.  Now they are packed, fixed point numbers.  This is
screwing up the python functions for fmt.

Well, I was trying to NOT redo all that code, but looks like I will
have to if I want to run the new mysql.  I have tons of reports using
dtml and fmt.   I think I'll stick with 5.0.0 for now until I have
time for that. (spent it all trying to figure out where my problem
was!)

Though, I might just switch to Firebird if I have to do some code
changing on my app anyway.  It's a bit more mature than Mysql's new
stuff. (considering it's still in beta)  Mysql is just so easy.

---------

--
Greg Fischer
1st Byte Solutions