[Zope] Re: Managing Users with Postgresql.

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Sat May 14 05:36:31 EDT 2005

Hi Fernando,

> I have a Postgresql database that stores all users, and booleans which
> describe permissions. The users log on in my application using a
> WebForm, I run a ZSQL Method and set all permissions in the Session.
>
> I manage the security using Session calls, checking each permission and
> then allow or deny access to the object.
>
> I know that it isn't the best solution, and now I want to change it! :)
>
> Which is the best solution to solve my problem? I found pgUserFolder.
> But I'm not so sure if this will be the best solution.
I installed that user folder once and worked perfectly. There you can
manage the permissions and roles directly from zope. The folder offers
you the possibility to map the authenticated users to a zope role and
you can also use the local roles from the zopeDB. However, you will have
to create some sql methods to migrate your users db to the pgUserFolder,
but I think it is not difficult, you just have to see how users are
stored there.

Regards,
Josef