[Zope] Re: Zope 3 for Debian?

Andrew Langmead alangmead at boston.com
Tue May 17 18:01:30 EDT 2005

On May 17, 2005, at 5:17 PM, Tres Seaver wrote:

> Perhaps I conflated two memories.  I'm pretty sure that *something* in
> the Zope codebase requires zlib, but I take Tim's word for it that I
> wrongly attributed that dependency to ZODB.

At one point, our system administration staff commissioned machines
in the barest of bare bones fashions, and zlib was one of the things
that wasn't installed unless specifically requested. I have had also
spent time building python and Zope just to have Zope complain about
zlib on startup. There are at least a couple of places that I can
think of on the Zope side that require zlib, the HTTP server needs it
to handle  "content-encoding: gzip" responses.