[Zope] SQL Database Connections

Barry Pederson bp at barryp.org
Fri May 20 12:19:14 EDT 2005

Jonathan Daugherty wrote:
> # Depends on the underlaying DA....so which one are you using? In
> # general a DA should reconnect automatically.
>
> I'm using the zope-psycopgda 1.1.18-1 debian package, debian testing.

That version of ZPsycopgDA doesn't auto-reconnect, but it looks like that
feature was added back in 1.1.19

   http://initd.org/svn/initd/psycopg1/trunk/ChangeLog

2005-01-13  Federico Di Gregorio  <fog at debian.org>

	* ZPsycopgDA/db.py (DB.query): applied patch from Jonathan
	Stoneman to automatically try to reconnect *once* on
	OperationalError. This fix the problem with Zope loosing the
	connection to the database when PostgreSQL is restarted.