[Zope] filter_content_type / allowed_content_types query

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat May 21 14:10:38 EDT 2005

David Pratt wrote at 2005-5-21 12:36 -0300:
>I am creating a CMF product.  It is simple and will only have an id,
>title, description and the ability to upload its content.  I am wanting
>to restrict the files uploaded to a certain mime type, specifically
>.txt files (plain text).
>
>I see many products like this:
>
>  'filter_content_types' : 0,
>  'allowed_content_types': (),
>
>but can't seem to find an example where it is creating this kind of
>restriction

These are used as defaults for "Filter content types"
and "Allowed contents types", respectively, for the type
factories (look in "portal_types --> <sometype>").

They have nothing to do with MIME types and uploading.

Instead, they control what other types can be contained
in a folder like type.

--
Dieter