[Zope] Keyword index search

Garito garito at sistes.net
Sun May 22 11:21:01 EDT 2005

Andreas Jung escribió:

> --On Sonntag, 22. Mai 2005 16:54 Uhr +0200 Garito <garito at sistes.net>
> wrote:
>

>> Poor. 1 Zope developer, 1 Zope version, 1000 Zope developers, 1000 Zope
>> versions?
>

> People do often backport port from their private repository back to the
> official one. This is true for Dieter, myself and other developers.
> But not
> every  extension from private repositories will make it back into the
> official
> repository either because the extensions are too specific or just
> because people
> don't have time (and interest) to perform backporting work.
>
>> If I know where the problem is I report it to fix the bug
>

> As I wrote this bug is already in the Zope collector.
>
>> Anyway (I see I can't do anything to change your way of life)
>>
>> Another question for the main Zope developers group
>>
>> Did you plan to make some make-up to simplify Zope?
>

> What do you have in mind with "make-up to simplify Zope"?
>
> -aj

Identify and acotated the duplicate classes (I know you are a fan of
DTML, for example, but I think they aport a duplicate functionality with
python scripts and page templates) to unify in one
Change obsolete classes to the new and better builds (For example,
Dieter says Managable Index is better for keyword index. Why don't
change it and put on the main distribution?)

Those kind of things

In my opinion, I persist, Zope has a main advantage: the OOP paradigm is
implemented in a very fresh way and it's very simple but If it lost
these advantages we have nothing to defend

Why don't use Ruby for example (with Ruby on Rails or without it)? It's
modern (if you compare it with python) and clear

I need simple things because less code means less failure posibility and
means quick code

Thanks!

--
Mis Cosas