[Zope] Hiding HTML URL

David H bluepaul at earthlink.net
Mon May 23 21:36:33 EDT 2005

Chris,
I didn't address any of the points you made, but I've decided to address
two:
(1) When I asked what was inherently defective about a "stable URL" you
answered:

a) "It's grim to debug"
Chris, do you really depend on their users to report URLS to support
when things go wrong?  I use exceptions, logs and auto-emailing of
exceptions "as a work around" - what was I thinking! :-)

Then you added
b) (stable url will ...) "confuse your users even more when it goes
wrong. "but the thingy in the box is still the same, why is it not working"
Chris, this may come as a shock to you, but my users say something
incomprehensible like "Purchase Order Edit"  "is not working" or COA
Maintenance needs A, B and C.
Somehow I  know what they are talking about - and so do they.

(2) Then, I said "If there are superior patterns (for Business Apps) Im
the first that wants to see them and this is  a welcome discussion"

And you asserted "... there are *many* but that are beyond the scope of
this list"

Simple disagreement! I feel its a neglected subject and should be on
this list.  OK maybe on Sundays?

All best,
David