[Zope] newbie question

Phillip Hutchings sitharus at gmail.com
Tue May 24 21:17:07 EDT 2005

> Then generated the error.  The error log shows the
> same output as before.  Not only should the line
> number be one higher, I also put a dummy variable name
> on that line to generate a stupid error msg.
>
> How can it not be getting to that code?  I've searched
> for another Zope instance, but found none.

This is really odd. It sounds like it could be getting patched
somewhere. Try raising exceptions from various points in the method,
see if one gets there.

> Also, you are saying that I probably will never get
> the Control Panel back on this site with Product
> Management tools; no Product refresh then, I suppose.
> I'll have to thank the previous developer, as you
> suggest!  (of course there is no documentation either,
> arrgh!)
>
> If you can think of anything else, I'd appreciated it.

If the /manage URL has been overridden it's probably possible to fix
it. Try going to /manage_workspace, see if that works. Is Zope behind
a proxy? It's possible that it's being done with a URL rewrite
somewhere.

--
Phillip Hutchings
http://www.sitharus.com/