[Zope] DTML in Zope 2 vs Zope 3

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri May 27 03:50:34 EDT 2005

Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Unfortunately Plone is still a bad example for ZPT. It is getting
> better but still it has a lot of code and definition in the templates.
> Maybe AT would be a way out.

AT? As in ArcheTypes? You ARE kidding right? I've never seen such bad
code, and in particular, abuse of ZPT in my entire life...

And DTML sux, you wanna use it, fine, that says something about you. Use
ZClasses, Plone, AT and XUF at the same time while you're at it. Why not
dig out LoginManager and ZPatterns too, just for good measure?

Hell, why not just do us all a favour and switch to using Perl where
you'll be soooo much happier, and everyone in the community will agree
with you rather than trying to help you not shoot yourself in the foot ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk