[Zope] DTML in Zope 2 vs Zope 3

Greg Fischer retheoff at gmail.com
Fri May 27 11:59:08 EDT 2005

Using DTML from WYSIWYG editors is definitely a drawback.  But, how
many of us use them for doing our work?  I might use Dreamweaver to
clean up my sliced web template, but soon as I start my Zope work,
it's all Crimson Editor coding by hand to Zope.  Using Dreamweaver
actually slows me down, it's easier to just code it.  However, from a
newbie perspective, not being able to run my Zope content in my fancy,
drag'n'drop editor really bugged me a long time a go.

Saying DTML sucks is only stating your difference of oppinion.  At
least give us some insight as to why it sucks.  Technical, usability,
or even marketing reasons would be helpful.  But, come on.... DUH?
Everybody will have their preference of languages, and even the way
they like to layout the code.  So I understand that some of us like
DTML and some dont.

All that aside, DTML may be ugly, but I dont agree.  I guess beauty is
in the eye of the beholder. :)

Well, aside from the fact that you cant use DTML in WYSIWYG editors, I
still dont understand why it is not good.  If it is simple, easy to
use, and it does the job, and I suppose, if you prefer it, why is it
not good to use?

I've beaten this subject to death, so time to move on.
Thanks for hearing me out.
Greg

--
Greg Fischer