[Zope] DTML in Zope 2 vs Zope 3

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon May 30 01:23:11 EDT 2005

--On 30. Mai 2005 13:05:31 +0800 Ismet Dere <ismetdere at gmail.com> wrote:

> if dtml is to be phased out, Zope will be less attractive for new
> users then soon will be irrelevant no matter how sophisticated and
> advanced it may become.

There are no plans to phase DTML out - neither in Zope 2 nor in Zope 3 as
far
as I know. If you want or need to use DTML -> just use it. In general people
are strongly encouraged to use ZPT for any kind of templates and use DTML
only there where necessary e.g. when you want to create non-HTML/XML
documents
inside Zope..but in general ZPT is the preferred way to go.

-aj