[Zope] Uninstall a zope built from source

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Tue May 31 07:13:57 EDT 2005

Am Dienstag, den 31.05.2005, 11:27 +0200 schrieb Rob Wilco:
> Hello,
>
> Some time ago, I built zope from the sources and it worked well. Now I
> prefer the way Debian easily offers instances and an init.d script.

recent zope versions have that as well (e.g >= 2.7)

> I would like to uninstall the Zope from the source bt I can't find a
> target for make to do an uninstall.

yes, there is none.

> I have a googled for a while without success.
> I have few folders named zope in the /usr/local, /var/lib and i am not
> always sure they belongs to the source install or the debian version.
>
>   * Does anyone knows about a uninstall script?
>
>   * If I have to do it by hand, where can I find docs that tells what to
> remove? (the install python script is long) How to be sure everything is
> gone?

Which version did you install from source? Are you using the
debian version yet? If not, just apt-get remove --purge zope
first to get rid of all debian traces and then remove
the zope where you installed it. (Should really be just one
directory for the zope and one per instance depending how
you installed it.)
--
Tino Wildenhain <tino at wildenhain.de>