[Zope] several questions about shared libraries and security

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Tue Nov 1 03:36:00 EST 2005

--On 1. November 2005 12:21:34 +0400 "Denis V. Gudtsov" <denis at aogarant.ru>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> The former I wrote python library. This lib is used to interact with
> database and defines some hi-level methods. I'm planing to use this lib in
> scripts, running on the same machine and zope. Now library is located on
> /usr/local/lib/. Is it possible to use it in zope?

The Python module must be *somewhere* in the Python search path for modules
(check the Python documentation for details, check for PYTHONPATH). In
addition  the library referenced through your Python module must be
somewhere in the library search path (see /etc/ld.so.conf, man
LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

> And the later i wanted to now how i can create a flexible access
> rules? There are two procedures needed: authentication and
> authorization. The first is not difficult to realize with "user
> folder". But what is the ability to control access rights of users for
> access to some types of information? I'm thinking it will about 10
> users at all. Do I need to use pgUserFolder for this?

There are a bunch of options: ExUserFolder, PGUserFolder, PAS (Plugabble
Authentication Service).

-aj