[Zope] Reading GIS files(.shp, .dbx, .) into ZopeDatabase

Allen Huang swapp0 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 20:07:49 EST 2005

I know it might be difficult, but I like try it. I don't really like to use multiple databases if I could fit all the data into onto zope or mutiple zope databases, maybe it could increase dataflow since I wouldn't need to transform data from one format to another.

But I'm really concern on how it will stress my RAM. I made a system with zope to take in members and when I try to do some statistics with zope, I had to change from a 256mb ram to a 512mb ram.

what do think about this Dieter??

Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:Allen Huang wrote at 2005-11-6 17:10 -0800:
>I want to Reading GIS files(.shp, .dbx, .iforget) into ZopeDatabase.

What does "reading GIS files into ZODB" means?

Storing them as blobs (Binary Large OBjects) is trivial (you use a "File"
object for this). Understanding them might prove a bit more difficult.

--
Dieter