[Zope] Zope 2.8.4 install issue

Jonathan Cleaver jcleaver.hq at da.mod.uk
Thu Nov 10 08:29:20 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am having far more trouble than I should be installing Zope 2.8.4 onto
a WinXP machine. After unpacking and installing as per the default
settings, when I create an instance and run
C:\INSTANCEDIR\bin\runzope.bat I get "ImportError: No module named
components.logger" in the Zope2\Startup\__init__.py module.

I hacked __init__.py to add the relevant directories to the sys.path but
this just meant that it failed further on in the startup process and I
can foresee an endless path of path hacking that, I suspect, is
unnecessary. I have now installed afresh and am back to square-one.

The machine already has another working Zope elsewhere, sat underneath
Plone 2.05.

Has anyone encountered this before and what am I doing wrong? Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards

Jonathan Cleaver
Defence Academy of the United Kingdom