[Zope] Zope-Documentation: Args

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sun Nov 13 08:24:02 EST 2005

Am Sonntag, den 13.11.2005, 14:15 +0100 schrieb Horst Jäger:
> Hi,
>
> I've found quite a lot of doc about the Zope built-in-functions. But
> very often I miss information about the args that can be passed to
> the functions, e.g. "manage_changeProperties". You find a description
> of the function, an example passing REQUEST, but I had to guess that
> you can pass a map as well.
>
> Any help? Am I blind or stupid? Probably both :)

The quickest way - ideally you use ZEO for storage
and have a client running for your web access,
use another client instance like this:

--- interactive example -----

./bin/zopectl debug
Starting debugger (the name "app" is bound to the top-level Zope object)
>>> help(app.manage_changeProperties)
Help on function manage_changeProperties in module OFS.PropertyManager:

manage_changeProperties(self, REQUEST=None, **kw)
    Change existing object properties.

    Change object properties by passing either a mapping object
    of name:value pairs {'foo':6} or passing name=value parameters

--- end interactive example ----

while app is your zope-root and you can reach any
object via dotted notation and just try things
out before you write code.