[Zope] Re: zope 2.8.4 on windows 98

Fernando Martins fernando at cmartins.demon.nl
Tue Nov 15 18:21:49 EST 2005

I've

From: Andreas Jung [mailto:lists at andreas-jung.com]
> --On 15. November 2005 11:09:08 +0000 Chris Withers
> <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Fernando Martins wrote:
> >>
> >>   File "C:\PROGRAM
> >>   FILES\ZOPE-2.8.4\lib\python\Signals\WinSignalHandler.py", lin
> >> e 84, in createEventSecurityObject
> >>
> sidEveryone.Initialize(ntsecuritycon.SECURITY_WORLD_SID_AUTHORITY,1)
> >> pywintypes.error: (120, 'InitializeSid', 'This function is
> only valid in
> >> Win32 m
> >> ode.')
> >
> > Andreas, was your testing with a 2.8.4-based system?
> > I remember reading about the work that Mark Hammond did to make things
> > better for Zope on Windows, but it looks like this might have
> spelled the
> > end for Zope working on Win98 ;-)
> >

> I think we are using 2.8.1 (we are using our own Zope version which is
> always tied to the normale release schedule).

I've tried all versions from 2.8.1 and I always get the same error. I don't
have MSVC to try the tarball install.

I wonder if there is some detection code which is wrongly assuming I'm
running an NT kernel. Maybe it's something in my system which is misleading
zope.

Is it simple to do a debug/stepping over zope to see what's going on? I've
only used Boa Constructor a bit (hmm, I suppose threads are only started by
the end of initialization).

Fernando