[Zope] question about Zope capabilities

Rich Robinson richrobinson2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 19:49:47 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm brand new on this list and writing to get a bit of insight here.
We had someone design a web site using Zope, and very pleased with
it.  That person is no longer with us and I'm not at all a savvy
back-end person, let alone Zope-savvy.

At this point, the site is great for managing content via the
database.  However, as far as I can see pretty much all the content
needs to fit into templates, with the result that there appears to be
little room for setting up a more free-form looking page that can
incorporate graphics in a freer, more visual way.  Sure, we can add
images and any HTML we like, but they are confined to the areas
designated by the templates.  In other words, the site tends to "look
like" a database-driven website - not unpleasing by any means, but
I'm wondering if Zope lends itself to more "creative" looking pages
that departs from the templated look.

At zope.org there is a list of sites using Zope that I'll have a look
at, but I'd be appreciative of any feedback.  We are thinking of
hiring someone with more graphics than back-end experience and I'd
like to hear if anyone thinks Zope is adaptable to give someone
plenty of creative expression.

Thanks!

Rich