[Zope] probably a simple answer..

Robert Boyd robert.h.boyd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 14:06:00 EST 2005

On 11/17/05, Kate Legere <klegere at kfpl.ca> wrote:

> Well, we're working on porting it over from linux but at the moment that's
> my only option... I just had this impression that I'd seen something whereby
> I could write to the filesystem using an external method.
>
> Kate

Sure you could write to the filesystem of the server hosting Zope. I
do it with XML files, having Zope Product code open a file, parse it,
modify it, write it to the filesystem. The uid running Zope will need
write permission to wherever you want the file to go. If you want the
resulting file to appear as a downloadable file linked on a web site,
you could work with ExternalFile or similar. None of this touches on
the issue of how you create an Excel file (you hope to do this from
Linux?)

Rob