[Zope] Problem with multiple Browser Id Managers

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Nov 18 16:00:47 EST 2005

Pablo Ziliani wrote at 2005-11-17 22:47 -0300:
> ... BrowserIdManager ...
>Unfortunately, my Zope instance holds multiples virtual sites, so I
>can't simply change the root BMI that comes with Zope's installation;
>instead I need to create inner BMI instances. So I did, giving the new
>instance a different Browser Id Name than the root's _ZopeId both to
>differentiate them and to be more site-specific.

The "BrowserIdManager" remains usually passive (unless you encode
the session id as port of the Url). It is usually the "SessionDataManager"
which activates the "BrowserIdManager".

Thus, if you need local "BrowserIdManager"s, you must use local
"SessionDataManager"s as well (a standard "SessionDataManager"
located the "BrowserIdManager" via acquisition and the fixed
name).

--
Dieter